There are several reasons to become a Pea Pods Certified Nanny!
The Colorado Lifestyle
At Pea Pods, we understand how important it is to keep up with the many adventures that come with living in such a beautiful place. Whether your schedule allows for just a few hours in the evening or weekend, or a permanent, full-time position, Pea Pods can help you find the perfect job!
Can having fun with Children be a job? If you enjoy being with children, becoming a nanny won’t feel like a job at all! Not only is being a nanny one of the most rewarding and satisfying positions, you have the opportunity to personally enhance children’s lives.
A living wage
Pea Pods professional nannies are paid a living wage for southwest Colorado and are paid per assignment. Pay is based on experience, education, and the needs of the family
Pea Pods is here to take care of all administrative aspects of a nanny agency so that our providers are free to wholeheartedly distribute high-quality care to children and families!
No bias here
The Pea Pods policy states that no individual will be discriminated against because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, or disability. Pea Pods Nannies reserves the right to reject a nanny for any reason at any time. Pea Pods is dedicated to maintaining communication, grow relationships, and be %100 supportive of your choice as a professional nanny!
What it Takes…
Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to have FUN!
- Must pass drug test.
- Must have a clean background check.
- Minimum of two child-related references
- Valid driver’s license. (Must have reliable car and proof of car insurance)
- Must be able to speak, read, and write clear English. (bilingual nannies are highly encouraged)
- Must have a neat and professional appearance.
- Must love working with children and their family
- Must have knowledge of child development.
- Must be CPR & First Aid Certified – proof required
- Personal Nanny Interview with the agency
- Completed Nanny Application
- Reference Checks completed by the agency
- 2nd Personal Nanny Interview with the agency
- Seven Year Background Check- Criminal, Driving, Sex Offender , Social Security Verification,
- Drug Screening
- Download Our Employment Application (PDF)
- Fill it out and drop it off at either our Durango or Pagosa Springs locations (click for addresses)
- Pea Pods will connect with you and start helping you through the process right away!