How the Seed was Planted
The Pea Pods Family Care Home concept was developed by Chris and Michele Smith and their adult children. They all have worked in Pre-schools, Child Care Homes, and struggled to find child care services for their own children. The Smith’s home schooled their 6 children for 25 years, from pre-k through High School. Now these adult children are growing precious families of their own! The youngest four Smiths, during their high school years, grew up helping care for several small children in their home and have stayed close to those families to this day.
Seeing and recognizing the need for trusted child care services in the Durango, Pagosa Springs and Cortez area, Pea Pods was born. We all have a love for children and a passion for seeming them rained in a supportive atmosphere. Meet the Team to learn more about our excellent staff members who help make Pea Pods’ dream a reality.
Pea Pods Childcare Homes is a support agency f the Early Learning Ventures Alliance Model. This is a philanthropic, charitable, and educational program with the mission of maintained and improving the quality and standards for early childhood education providers. This allows us to sub-license the Early Learning Ventures Alliance platform that otherwise would be too expensive for individual homes. This platform and the 24/7 support by the administrative staff at Pea Pods, creates an easier environment for you to maintain great licensed childcare.
Because we want you to focus on what’s important: the kids.
Pea Pods Code of Conduct
Pea Pods Nannies and Sitters Follow the National Association for the Education of Young Children’s Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment. Pea Pods has on record a signed statement of commitment from every Nanny.
We have made a commitment to:
- Appreciate childhood as a unique and valuable stage of the human life cycle
- Base our work on knowledge of how children develop and learn
- Appreciate and support the bond between the child and family
- Recognize that children are best understood and supported in the context of family, culture, community, and society
- Respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual (child, family member, and colleague)
- Respect diversity in children, families, and colleagues
- Recognize that children and adults achieve their full potential in the context of relationships that are based on trust and respect